It’s coming down to the wire, and while I have most of my christmas shopping done, the rest of my family, not so much. And since my mother is a work-a-holic, opening her small asian store 6 days a week, she only have Sunday to do her shopping. I may be in my twenties now, but that doesn’t discourages me from making a Christmas Wish List. This way she know what I really want, and not what she thinks is great for me. Because, sometimes (well, okay it 60/40), its a swing-and-miss. Like the large TV entertainment center she brought me for my birthday one year. I lived in an apartment then, and all I really wanted was a low bookcase to set my small 13 inch TV on. It’s nice for someone who lived in their own home, but not for a student who will be moving quite often.
1. Canning for a New Generation: Bold, Fresh Flavors for the Modern Pantry by Liana Krissoff (Author)
2. Chanel: A Woman of her Own by Axel Madsen
3. The Fashionista Files: Adventures in Four-Inch Heels and Faux Pas by Karen Robinovitz & Melissa De La Cruz
4. The Joy of Vegan Baking: The Compassionate Cooks’ Traditional Treats and Sinful Sweets by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
5. BabyCakes Covers the Classics: Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes from Donuts to Snickerdoodles by Erin McKenna
6. Very Hollywood by Michael Kors
7. DKNY Women
8. Chi 1″ Ceramic Hairstyling Iron
9. Nike Low-Rise Women’s Running Capris
10. Gold Nail Polish
11. Knitted Fingerless Gloves
12. Handbags (sample Color-Block Satchel from Forever 21)
13. Gold’s Gym Dance Workout
I have two pages of items as a way to give mom, dad, and little sister a variety of items to choose from. I really don’t expect them to get all of them (I made a point to let them know that), but these are things I really want and would actually use. Unlike the fall theme pot holders which I got two years ago and only brought out now, since mom threw out her old ones.
15. Heel Ankel Boots
16. Lace Up Wedges
17. Small Portable Jewelry Box
20. New digital Camera: Nikon D3000 Digital SLR Camera or Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2K
21. Gifts Cards to my favorite places
My sister said that I had way too much free time to do this. Well, yes, but I’m a visual person, and when I have an idea of what it may look like, it helps me get it right. Now if only the rest of my family would do the same, then I wouldn’t go willy-nilly into shops only to leave with more clothes for myself.
So, what’s on everyone’s wish list this year?